Phlebotomy services in Enfield Friday 29 March 2019 From Monday 1 April 2019, the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust will no longer provide a practice based phlebotomy service. This change will affect the following GP practices within Enfield:
- Abernethy House Surgery
- Carlton House Surgery
- Cockfosters Medical Centre
- Eagle House Surgery
- Gillian House Surgery
- Highlands Practice
- Lincoln Road Medical
- Practice Oakwood Medical Centre
- Riley House Surgery
- Southgate Surgery
- Trinity Avenue Surgery
- Willow House Surgery
The Trust is repatriating its phlebotomy service staff to the Chase Farm Hospital site to provide more capacity for all Enfield patients.
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust will continue to provide phlebotomy at the following hospital sites:
- Chase Farm Hospital
- Barnet Hospital
- Royal Free Hospital
- Edgware Community Hospital
- Finchley Memorial Hospital
Patients can book either online or via telephone by calling 020 8375 1471. Full details of opening times and how to book a blood test can be accessed via the following link:
Please note that there is a walk-in service for urgent cases, but there is limited availability.
North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust provides a phlebotomy service at a number of GP practice locations in Enfield (as well as the North Middlesex University Hospital site) and can be accessed by any patient registered with an Enfield GP practice. These include:
- Winchmore Hill Practice Forest
- Primary Care Centre
- Evergreen Surgery
- Freezywater Primary Care Centre
- Grovelands Medical Centre
- White Lodge Medical Practice
Patients can book either online or via telephone by calling 020 8887 2366. Full details of opening times and how to book can be accessed via the following link: www.northmid.nhs.uk/Our-Services/Blood-tests
Please note that there is limited availability for urgent walk-in blood testing at North Middlesex University Hospital.
North Middlesex University Hospital also provides a domiciliary service for housebound patients in Enfield. Appointments for this non-urgent service are made via GP referral to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 8887 2238.
Please be advised that North Middlesex University NHS Hospital Trust phlebotomy service waiting times are currently shorter when compared with the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust waiting times.
- Green Lanes Surgery 808 Green Lanes, Winchmore Hill, N21 2SA (next to Tesco Express Garage)
- Groveland’s Medical Centre 1 Grovelands Road, Palmers Green, N13 4RJ (off Alderman’s Hill; near Palmers Green British Rail Station)
- Forest Road Primary Care Centre 308a Hertford Road, Edmonton, N9 7HD
- Evergreen Primary Care Centre 1 Smythe Close, Edmonton, N9 0TW
- Abernethy House 70 Silver Street, Enfield, EN1 3EB
- Whitelodge Medical Practice 68 Silver Street, Enfield, EN1 3EW
- Riley House Surgery 413 Hertford Road, Enfield EN3 5PR